Sunday, January 18, 2009

First Weekend in Sandy Eggo

It’s been an interesting weekend.
We went to work on Friday, and were let go early so we could participate in a picture scavenger hunt.
The rules were as follows:
1) You had to stay with your team.
2) After staying with your team. You had to find other complete teams, and come together to complete a group of 15.
3) The Mexico team and two others got together. (I have no clue what teams they were. I know the people I just don’t know what region they have.)
4) We went to take a couple of pictures in different parts of San Diego.

After that, the Mexico team went to have dinner. We went to some Japanese restaurant. It was delicious. We talk. Shared food. Acted like a team. Etc.
Got home (the villa) and I went to sleep, because I am tired and I am an old lady inside.

Saturday.
I woke up kind of early. I showered. Ate breakfast. You know, the average stuff.
I was reading in the garage, and was in the midst of a couple of girls talking about going to get their nose pierced. I told them that they should do it, cos I’m supportive like that.
I saw Kelly and Shannon walk by the garage door so I got up and followed them (mostly because they are my favorites)
They invited me to go to some stores. I decided to go. We went to Mission Beach.
Sabrina went as well. She is awesome! She is my bed neighbor.
We walked around some stores. We went to stick our feet in the water (it was freezing.)
We got lost on our way back, but while Shannon and Sabrina were freaking out on the front sit. Kelly and I started talking, and found out we had a little too much in common.
We got to the villa. Shannon and Kelly left for their team dinner. I sat and bothered other nice people. I read a couple of more chapters from my book.
Shannon and Kelly came back. Kelly and I stayed out in the balcony for a while before I went to sleep.

Sunday.
I went to OB today. Lisa (one of our Regional Managers) goes there every Sunday to have a cook out with a couple of the local homeless people.

It was amazing.

I respect her so much. I mean she works for IC, which I already respected her for. It was just seeing her today though she had a personal relationship with almost every person on that beach. I think it’s beautiful to see so much beauty coming out of one single person.
So I went there. I saw an awesome homeless guy singing songs. He had a pretty good voice.
I then went to Nico’s and had a “burrito.” I came back to the Villa. I decided to ditch the concert for several reasons. Kelly and I went to Vons to get some groceries. I was an interesting experience coming back to the villa. Lets just say I lost some sensation on my hands for a couple of minutes.
It was a good weekend. Tomorrow is back to work. I am looking forward to it.
It was a good to be able to rest for a little while.

I’m looking forward to Mexico, with both anxiety and excitement. I’ve been reading up on all the things that have been going on in Mexico lately, and part of me is dying to go just to assure myself that not all of Mexico is like that. I want to see it first hand that Mexico has hope. I am, after all, a Mexican.

I feel like I’ve been in San Diego for more than a week. I feel like I’ve been here for at least two weeks. I think I feel like this because I have never done anything as useful all my life. I feel like I’ve been studying Uganda’s history all my life. I feel like I’ve known these people for months now. I like that. I like that people like Kelly, Shannon, Sabrina, and Mallory have me figured out. Today, Kelly was talking to one of her friends on the phone, and I was sitting at the kitchen table and Kelly told her friend that she couldn’t say something at that precise moment. I think her friend probably asked who she was with, and Kelly said that she was only with me, that she wasn’t worried about me hearing what she was going to say that she was worried somebody else might walk into the room and would get insulted. Then she said something along the lines of me not being capable of ever getting insulted. Which I thought was hilarious, and a complete compliment.
Anyways after that lovely compliment, and me shinning like the bright star that I am. Kelly and I (I know you probably hate Kelly already, you shouldn’t she is awesome. Don’t tell her though) went to Vons cos I needed to buy some food. So we walked to Vons, which is kind of far away. I loaded the cart with things I needed, and realized after I payed that I was going to have to carry them back. It was unfortunate. I did buy enough food to last me the next two weeks.

Right now I am in the process of finishing doing laundry (which by the way Kelly participated in as well… hahaha… next blog I promise to find another character as well. Kelly will probably take place in it as well) So I decided to write a blog, which I know have a feeling is a bit to long.

Anyways,
I love you mother,
I love you father,
I love you sister,

And

I love you whoever else might be reading this.

2 comments:

Paola said...

I love you sister.

Anonymous said...

I love you so much daughter.. and miss you so..